Tuesday, March 06, 2007

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I think Colleen is growing out of taking naps. For weeks she has been fighting taking naps and only takes them on days she is completely worn out. Up until now I completely enjoyed nap time. I would clean, read, catch up on emails, work out, or even take a little cat nap myself on occasion. I guess this was going to happen some day, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. My mom said my brother grew out of naps by the time he was 3 years old. Today I even gave colleen a turkey sandwich for lunch hoping the tryptophan would make her sleepy. Didn't work.

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Sometimes I would look forward to nap time with the kids because it was that quiet down time that sometimes you just need to keep your sanity. I feel you on that. Just think, maybe without the naps she will sleep more at night. You can always try to tell yourself that anyway. :)

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Steph said...

I remember my mom wanting me to take naps. We would lay down together on her bed and then she would realize all I was doing was watching her. I was never a good nap child.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Sara said...

ha, thats funny. good thinkin' with the turkey, too bad it didn't work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home