Sunday, August 31, 2008

Good Bye North Carolina

Friday we left North Carolina for good. It was a weird feeling to know that we weren't going back. Even though it hasn't been my favorite place, It has been our home for the past seven and a half years. Colleen and Nolan were born there. That makes it special to me. We are in Maryland right now. Saturday we will be leaving on our journey across country. I'm really excited. I love road trips. I know it will be hard on the kids to be in the car day after day, but I hope to make it fun for them so that they will enjoy road trips also.

Colleen is currently watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. I love Mr. Rogers. A Lot of cartoons now are too energetic. Mr. Rogers is so calming and it helps her to lay down for an hour and just be quiet and relax.

I was thinking that today is the last day of August. I get really excited in September. I enjoy the feeling of fall approaching. It is still warm, but the breeze is nice and leaves are beginning to change. I know that soon the air will be cool and crisp and I love it!!! I love autumn. It makes me happy. I'm going to really enjoy spending the coming fall in Washington.

My dad bought marshmallow cream for Colleen to eat on her peanut butter sandwiches. My mom bought her a bouncing ball that she bounces all over the house on. It must be fun to be a grandparent. They can feed them sugar and buy them toys that wind them up and just enjoy watching them bounce off the walls. Gotta love grandparents.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Did Colleen like the marshmallow cream? I like it on pb sandwiches. mmm. Can't wait to see you guys!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home